Stop Getting Text Messages on Mac
- Open the Messages app on the Mac.
- From the Menu Bar, click Messages.
- Select Preferences… from the drop-down menu.
- At the top of the Preferences pane, click iMessage.
- Click the checkboxes for the options listed under You can be reached for messages at:.
- Exit the Messages app.
How to forward text messages on MacBook Air?
How to Forward Text Messages to Your Mac
- On your iPhone, from the iPhone's home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Messages.
- Tap Text Message Forwarding.
- Turn on the switch for your Mac, as shown below.
How to delete text messages on MacBook Air?
In the Messages app on your Mac, select a conversation. Do any of the following to delete one or more messages: Delete messages: Select one or more messages (including text messages, photos, videos, files, web links, audio messages, or emoji) in the transcript, then press Delete.
How to close a text message on MacBook Air?
How to Completely Turn Off iMessage On a Mac
- Open the Messages app.
- Click Messages.
- Click Preferences.
- Click the iMessage tab.
- Click Sign Out.
- In the confirmation pop-up, click Sign Out again. With this done, iMessage is turned off and you won't get any more messages to your Mac until you sign into your account again.
How to send a text message on a MacBook Air?
Send a message
- Open Messages.
- Click the New Message button at the top of the Messages window.
- Type the name, email address, or phone number of one or more recipients.
- Press Tab or click the message field at the bottom of the window, then type your message.
- Press Return to send the message.
How to get text messages on macbook air?
How to get text messages on your Mac
- Tap on the Settings application on your iPhone.
- Swipe down and tap on Messages.
- Tap on Text Message Forwarding.
- Tap on the toggle next to your Mac to turn on the feature if it's not green already.
Can you take the screen off a MacBook Air?
Use a T8 Torx driver to remove the two remaining 5.0 mm screws securing the display, one from each hinge. Once these screws are removed, the display will no longer be connected to the upper case. Hold both halves steady.
How to import photos from text messages on MacBook Air?
Import photos from Messages
- Open the Messages app on your Mac, then open the message that has the photo you want to import.
- Do one of the following: Click the Save Photo button beside the photo in Messages. Drag the photo from Messages onto the Photos icon in the Dock.
How to forward text messages from iPhone to MacBook Air?
Set up text message forwarding On your Mac, open Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click iMessage. Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices. Choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone.
How to transfer text messages from iPhone to MacBook Air?
Set up iPhone to get SMS messages on Mac
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages.
- Tap Text Message Forwarding.
- Turn on your Mac in the list of devices.
- If you're not using two-factor authentication, a six-digit activation code appears on your Mac; enter this code on your iPhone, then tap Allow.
Can you turn off Messages on MacBook Air?
Disable iMessage Under your Apple ID, uncheck "Enable Messages in iCloud". Finally, open the Notifications & Focus pane in System Preferences. Select Messages from the sidebar and toggle "Allow Notifications" to the off position. That's it!
How do I take the lock off my text messages?
Tap on your profile in the Signal app. This should be the person icon on your screen. Go to Privacy. Under Privacy, you should be able to enable or disable screen lock.
How to take a screenshot on MacBook Air?
Take a screenshot on your Mac
- To take a screenshot, press and hold these three keys together: Shift, Command, and 3.
- If you see a thumbnail in the corner of your screen, click it to edit the screenshot. Or wait for the screenshot to save to your desktop.