- Insert the Mac OS X Install Disc that came with your iMac and hold the C key while your Mac is starting.
- Choose your language, and go to the Utilities menu (on the menu bar) > Disk Utility.
- Choose your hard drive on the sidebar, go to the Erase tab and erase the drive.
How to reset macbook pro but keep applications?
Go to System Preferences and create a new user with admin privileges. Log out, then log back in as that user. Delete all of the other user accounts, and answer "yes" to the question if you want to delete their data. Open Disk Utility, and do an "Erase Free Space".
How to reset MacBook Pro to factory settings without losing data?
It's easy – just follow these steps so you don't get lost along the way. Step 1 Open your Apple menu > System Preferences. Step 2 On the top left corner of your screen beside the Apple menu, click System Preferences > Erase All Content and Settings… Step 3 If prompted, enter your password.
How to restart MacBook Pro without losing data?
Steps to Reset and Reinstall macOS Without Losing Data Step 1: Hold the Command + R keys until the MacBook's utility window hasn't opened. Else click on the menu bar and type Disk utility. Step 2: Select Disk Utility and click on Continue. Step 4: Select the format as MAC OS Extended (Journaled) and click on Erase.
How to reset password on macbook pro without cd?
Access Utilities in the Apple menu. Choose Terminal from the Utilities window. Type “resetpassword” (in one word), and click Return.Turn off your computer.Hold the power button + Command R.Wait for the loading bar to appear on the screen while your Mac boots to Recovery.
Where is the application folder on macbook pro?
From the Dock, click Finder. In the Sidebar, click Applications: If you do not see the Sidebar, click the View menu and Show Sidebar. If you do not see Applications, click Finder > Preferences > Sidebar and select the “Applications” box.
How do you unfreeze a MacBook Pro without losing work?
Mac Force Quit
- Press the combination Cmd+Option+Esc, and a window will pop up.
- After pressing the above keyboard combination, the Force Quit Applications should appear, select Microsoft Word and then click on the "Force Quit" button. The Mac will also display a list of programs.
Can I hard reset without losing?
Tap a backup to restore. Once you're logged in with the Google account that has the backup, you'll be prompted if you want to use it to restore your Android. You will need to enter your old screen code to decrypt the backup. Restoring your data from a backup may take some time.
How to reset a MacBook Pro Display?
Reset the resolution in safe mode
- Start up your Mac in safe mode.
- After your Mac starts up, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Displays , then click Display Settings.
- For the Resolution option, select “Default for display.”
- Restart your Mac normally.
How to reset password on MacBook Pro?
Change your password
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu, then click Users & Groups.
- Select your user name from the list of users.
- Click the Change Password button, then follow the onscreen instructions.
How to reset the battery in a MacBook Pro?
Note: Learn about removing the battery on MacBook and MacBook Pro.
- Shut down the computer.
- Disconnect the MagSafe power adapter from the computer, if it's connected.
- Remove the battery.
- Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
- Release the power button.
- Reconnect the battery and MagSafe power adapter.
How to reset fan on macbook pro?
MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air
- Shut down your Mac.
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, then release the button.
- Wait a few seconds and restart your Mac.
- If that doesn't help, shut down your Mac again.
- Press the right Shift, the left Option key, and the left Control key and hold for 7 seconds.
How to reset a locked macbook pro?
Apple silicon: Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until you see the startup options window. Select the gear icon labeled Options, then click Continue. Intel processor: Turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold Command (⌘)-R until you see an Apple logo or other image.