Connect iPhone and your computer with a cable. Do one of the following: On a Mac: In the Finder sidebar, select your iPhone, click General at the top of the window, then click Restore iPhone. To use the Finder to restore iPhone to factory settings, macOS 10.15 or later is required.
How to hard reset iPhone to factory settings?
Wipe all content and settings from iPhone
- Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone. If you're erasing your iPhone because you're replacing it with a new iPhone that you have on hand, you can use extra free storage in iCloud to move your apps and data to the new device.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
How to reset iPhone 5S to factory settings?
For specific error messages, refer to iOS update and restore errors .From the Home screen, navigate: Settings. General. Tap. Erase All Content and Settings. . Tap. Erase All Content and Settings. . Tap one of the following: Backup Then Erase.
How to reset an iphone 5c to factory settings?
We go down through the “General” menu of our Apple iPhone 5c all the way to the bottom until we find the “Reset” option and click on it. 5- Fifth step: Among the different available options that appear in the “Reset” menu we find “Erase All Content and Settings”, click on this option to start the Apple iPhone 5c reset.
Where is factory reset settings?
How to perform Factory Reset on Android smartphone?
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.
How to reset iPad to factory settings?
Use a computer to wipe all content and settings from iPad
- Connect iPad and your computer with a cable.
- Do one of the following: On a Mac: In the Finder sidebar, select your iPad, click General at the top of the window, then click Restore iPad.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
How to reset iPhone to factory settings in recovery mode?
Erase Your Device with Recovery Mode
- Open iTunes and connect your iOS device to your computer or Mac. If you don't have one, borrow it from a friend or go to the Apple Retail Store.
- After connecting your device to your computer, force restart your device:
- Then you will see the option to Restore or Update, click Restore.
How to reset iPhone X MAX to factory settings?
iPhones Using Multiple Cellular Plans
- From a Home screen, navigate: Settings.
- Tap. Erase All Content and Settings.
- From the 'iCloud Backup pop-up', tap one of the following:
- From the 'Erase iPhone' prompt, tap one of the following options:
- To continue, enter your Apple ID Password then tap.
How to reset the Mail app to factory settings on iPhone?
Doing these two things should reset the iOS or iPadOS Mail app.
- Open Settings and tap Mail.
- Tap Accounts and choose the first account.
- Now go back and tap your other added email account and turn off the switch for Mail.
- Repeat this process until you have turned off all email accounts from the Apple Mail app.
How to reset iPhone to factory settings using reiboot?
Function 1: Factory Reset Your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch
- Step 1: Download and Install ReiBoot on Your PC or Mac. Download and install ReiBoot.
- Step 2: Click 'Factory Reset' to Proceed. Now, you'll see the two reset options.
- Step 3: Download Firmware Package.
- Step 4: Start Factory Reset.
Is there a way to reset a Mac to factory settings?
How to Factory Reset a Mac or MacBook (macOS Monterey)
- Click the Apple icon in the menu bar (top-left corner).
- Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Select 'Erase All Contents and Settings. '
- Enter your password, select 'OK. '
- Select the 'Erase All Content & Settings' button.
Does resetting iPhone to factory settings remove jailbreak?
Will Factory Reset Remove Jailbreak? If you have taken the decision that jailbreaking is doing harm more than good for your iPhone, then you can come back to your iPhone's original state by resetting it. Hence, returning the device to factory settings will end up deleting all the jailbreak features.
How to reset iPad 3 to factory settings?
- There are multiple ways to reset your device if you are experiencing issues.
- If a power cycle does not resolve your issue, you may need to perform a device reset.
- Tap General.
- Scroll to and tap Reset.
- Tap Erase all Content and Settings to reset device.
- Tap Erase.
How to reset iPad Mini to factory settings?
From the Home screen, navigate to “Settings” > “General” > “Reset“. Tap the button labeled “Erase All Content and Settings“. A box will pop up to confirm, so press the “Erase” button. The device will restart, and when it turns back on the device will be back to factory settings and data.
How to reset apple macbook to factory settings?
Otherwise, you'll see a message explaining that other volumes need to be erased before you can erase all content and settings on this Mac. From the Apple menu in the corner of your screen, choose System Preferences. From the System Preferences menu in the menu bar, choose Erase All Content and Settings.
How to reset iPhone to factory settings without iCloud password?
Here you can follow the steps below to remove Apple ID so as to reset iPhone without iCloud password.
- Select Unlock Apple ID.
- Start to Unlock Apple ID and Reset iPhone.
- Remove Apple ID and Reset iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone to the Computer.
- Choose the Reset Mode.
- Enter Recovery Mode.
- Download the Firmware Package.